Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Friends in Calabria

Four years ago I meet David of Steiman and Gentile a Bus touring company in Calabria. I knew after hiring this family business that I would not use anyone else. They are wonderful, caring people. No matter who the driver is they are always careful while driving. (You all know what driving is like in Italy. They drive like crazy people!!!!)
Every tour group I have taken to Italy, always comments on the drivers.
This year David invited my family and my friends to his house in Staletti. This beautiful town is 20 minutes from the beautiful grounds of Cassiodoro where we were staying. David, his mother, and his girlfriend Anna had a wonderful pizza night for us. It was a perfect night . The stars lit up the sky as we ate outside in the fresh mountain air , while the moon reflected on the beautiful sea beneath us.We enjoyed the local wines and cheese of the are along with wonderful conversation.
I am glad my sister and my friends were able to enjoy themselves with the many friends I have made in BELLA CALABRIA!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have many profound memories or my friends in Calabria, one in particular, Jenna, who died at a tender age of Leukemia, I always remember her beautiful and out of the ordinary "blue eyes" for a Calabrese, also that she was my "first boyfriends" little sister.I also recall taking part in the pressing of the wine, yes, with bare feet, and the hiking for miles and miles to pick the most delicious mouth watering grapes. We were so innocent at that time, It seemed as though my little town of Montepaone was directly linked to "Heaven". I pray that I will go back soon and finish a project that I undertook when my beloved parents died. Yes, Lord, with You all things are possible. Let this be possible.

The PhantomRose