Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Soon to discover Capo Vaticano Calabria

Hello fellow traverlers

I have decided to start this blog on Calabria because I feel that such a rustic part of Italy does not get a fair share of reviews such as other parts of the country.
I was born in Montepaone which is the province of Catanzaro and for many years now I have been a personal tour guide for this area of Italy. I have been doing many genealogy tours and continue to do so today.
There is so much to discover in this part of Italy. I know have decided to go back to Calabria not as a tour guide but as a tourist myself. It will be interesting since this time I will be staying in Ricadi the province of Vibo Valentia.
I will keep you all posted and bring back lot's of foto's . In the mean time I do have a web site
www.ionianjewel.com. I encourage anyone who is looking for an adventure to go to the site.
I will be leaving on the 26th of June . I will get back to my blog then.

6 comments:

www.monicaursino.com said...

Nancy,

Great blog! ;) I would love to hear more about your experiences in the South of Italy since my family is from the Ionian coast.

God Bless

Sunny and Mikey said...

I can't wait for next year. I'm looking forward to the trip of a lifetime in Southern Italy. I especially can't wait to spend some time in Calabria, the most beautiful place on earth.

Sunny

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Benvenuta nel blogosphere :) I am American (and Italian, dual citizen) but have lived in Badolato for the past five years...looking forward to reading more of your Calabrian tales :)

Anonymous said...

Calabria is mystical, the blueness of the Ionian Sea is unique, the people being of Greek, Roman, and Turkish decent are wonderful and mysterious. Calabria must be seen by an experienced tour leader such as Nancy Howard, who was born there, I have also heard that a certain family had a replica of the Medjugorje Cross built on their land on a hill over looking the Ionian Coast, this family is very spiritual, this is a site that must not be missed. Calabria , God Bless you and your people!!!!

all things consider but not reported said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
capo vaticano said...

this is a great blog i must say it is a very interesting one, perhaps one of the best kept i've ever visited. nicely done.