Saturday, July 19, 2008

Capo Vaticano Calabria

After  all the trips I have made to Calabria, taking one day excursions to Tropea and Pizzo Calabro I finally made this area my destination point for a vacation and  was not disappointed. The beauty of this area has to be seen by ones owns eyes. It was better than I imagined. The sunsets over the island of Strombli with it's beautiful pink sky every night was just the invitation we need to visit the Aeolian Islands . 
The cooking school with Marianna and Franco and our host Tania was  a setting I can not forget. The rustic setting is what this area is all about. The wonderful dinner prepared for us by Rosanna at her and Roberto's  resort was also amazing. The wines of this area are a compliment to the Calabrese cuisine 
 Scylla a picturesque fishing village where today some still fish for swordfish the old fashion way. The boats are called passerelle. This town is also the home of the Odyssey.
Calabria is a hidden gem. It must be toured with people who know here well.
The say Rome is the soul of Italy. I say Calabria is the heart.
I will post pictures soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I think I am going to plan my honeymoon there.